Welcome to the Change Management Institute
The Change Management Institute is a global, independent, not-for-profit association of change professionals. It was created by and is operated by members for members, constantly striving to push the boundaries of the change management profession.
Our membership is diverse, appealing to anyone who has a passion for or an interest in change: those at the top of their game and those starting out. New members are guaranteed a warm welcome and a strong network.
The current level of business, technology, economic, political and social disruption requires a much faster and more agile response to change – by being globally connected, bringing fresh thinking and new models; the Change Management Institute is more relevant than ever.
A warm welcome
Our story in briefSince 2005, the Change Management Institute has provided access to best practice inspiring and speaker events, professional development workshops and networking sessions for its members. In 2008 the Change Management Institute launched the Change Management Practitioner Competency Model. We now have a three-tiered Accreditation scheme. We are the only professional change organisation to take a competency based approach to both career pathways and accreditation. The Institute has proudly authored ‘The Effective Change Manager’: The Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBoK), widely acknowledged as one of the best resources available for professional Change Managers. Our members’ needs for quality education are addressed through our Endorsed Education process. These courses are aligned to our competency models, giving members access to relevant training. The Change Management Institute now has members in 35 countries. For those who do not have a chapter nearby, we provide a great variety of virtual events and services such as our online Member Community Forums that can be tapped into from anywhere in the world.
Our Membership Focus
CredibilityThis is underpinned by a strong professional foundation that is committed to:
- An independent professional institute with no commercial agenda
- Setting and maintaining robust change management standards
- Providing access to thought leadership and future thinking in change across multiple disciplines
CapabilityWe provide opportunities for members to grow their individual or organisational change capability through:
- Change capability frameworks and development pathways
- Endorsed training that builds skills and capabilities aligned to the Change Management Institute competency standards
- Robust assessment of individual and organisational change management capability
ConnectionsWe provide access to a globally networked organisation of like-minded professionals which:
- Creates global connections for members through social and physical media
- Proactively shares news and latest thinking from our digitally disrupted world
- Has strong business partnerships leveraged for the benefit of members